Dear K2 HS Dragon families
We are 3 weeks away from the end of the school year! Super exciting times! The final Expeditions session of the year is coming to a close this week. Students have been exploring spoken word, cooking, soccer, human sexuality and more. This week’s Expeditions session culminates in the Celebration of Learning event 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm in the gym. All are welcome to attend!
Thank you everyone for your help in getting through the month of testing!
Here are some important upcoming deadlines:
- – 5/13 – 5/24 = Round 4 Expeditions
- – 6/5 @5 pm = Last chance for projects to be submitted by students
- – 6/7 = Last day to take a content assessment before Summer Office Hours is required
- – 6/14 = Final END OF YEAR GRADES sent home
Here are the final testing dates:
- – 5/20 – 5/23 = Physical Fitness testing (9th graders)
- – 5/28 – 5/31 = HS SBAC/CAASSP Testing (11th graders)
What you can do to ensure that your child is finishing the year strong:
- – Check in with them on a daily basis by looking at their PLP (Personalized Learning Plan) with them (remember, any red means a project or focus area is overdue)
- – Check in with their mentor if you are worried about their progress (contact info is below)
- – Ensure that they are working for AT LEAST 1 hour every night at home on taking notes and studying for assessments
- – Encourage them to stick with it! They are almost DONE for the year!
Please ensure that your student comes to school with a charged Chromebook, received a good night’s rest, and encourage them to do their BEST!
Check out our Summit K2 Facebook page for updates and more https://www.facebook.com/
Thank you for being partners in your children’s education and an active member of our K2 Community!