Dear K2 HS Dragon families,
It is with great pleasure that I am happy to announce that K2 has officially been accredited by WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges)!! The WASC committee awarded Summit K2 a 6-year accreditation status, with a one-day mid-cycle visit! This is the absolute BEST accreditation status that a school can receive — so thank you to everyone for engaging thoughtfully in the process. We are so excited to end the year on such a high note!
In other school news, we are halfway through May, the month of testing! Last week, the 7th & 8th graders successfully completed the SBAC/CAASSP tests and the 11th graders took their first AP exams.
Here are some important upcoming deadlines:
- – 5/13 – 5/24 = Round 4 Expeditions
- – 5/17 = All HS projects due
- – 5/24 = ExPD Celebration of Learning
- – 6/5 @5 pm = Last chance for projects to be submitted by students
- – 6/7 = Last day to take a content assessment before Summer Office Hours is required
- – 6/14 = Final END OF YEAR GRADES sent home
We also have MANY testing dates coming up:
- – Week of 5/13 = Makeup MAP Testing
- – 5/15 = AP English Language (11th graders)
- – 5/20 – 5/23 = Physical Fitness testing (9th graders)
- – 5/28 – 5/31 = HS SBAC/CAASSP Testing (11th graders)
What you can do to ensure that your child is finishing the year strong:
- – Check in with them on a daily basis by looking at their PLP with them (remember, any red means a project or focus area is overdue)
- – Check in with their mentor if you are worried about their progress (contact info is below)
- – Ensure that they are working for AT LEAST 1 hour every night at home on taking notes and studying for assessments
- – Encourage them to stick with it and do their BEST!
Please ensure that your student comes to school with a charged Chromebook, gotten a good night’s rest, and encourage them to do their BEST!
Teacher Appreciation Week was amazing! Thank you to all of the incredible parents who brought food, drinks, treats, massage gift certificates to express how much we all appreciate our wonderful teachers!
Lan Zhou, Sergio Otero, Leslie Tyler, Jorge Argumedo, Susan Cook, Delia Ekstrom, Karen Calarco, Griffin Family, Delgado Family, Marjorie Page, Cleide Lopes, Linda Ruiz Lozito, Elaine Suess, Karen Calarco and our very own Nayeli Hernandez for getting pizza one day!
Check out our Summit K2 Facebook page for updates and more https://www.facebook.com/
Thank you for being partners in your children’s education and an active member of our K2 Community!