Dear K2 HS Dragon families,
It is hard to believe, but we only have SIX WEEKS LEFT IN THE SCHOOL YEAR!! Before we know it, summer will be upon us. We are working hard to ensure that your child can finish the year strong. Here are some celebrations from the previous week:
- – K2 successfully hosted its first ever SAT SCHOOL DAY!! Approximately 35 juniors took the SAT at K2 and rocked it!
- – MS Boys and Girls Basketball Teams Both WON their Championship Games! Congrats to our amazing Dragon Student Athletes and Coach Keith!
- – HS ASB organized and led a talent show! Check out the awesome talent in the picture above 🙂
As you know, in HS it is incredibly important to ensure that your child finishes strong by passing all of their classes, and earning credit in order to move up to the next grade level. Here are some important upcoming dates and deadlines:
- – 5/17 = Last day for projects to be due by teachers
- – 6/5 @5 pm = Last chance for projects to be submitted by students
- – 6/7 = Last day to take a content assessment before Summer Office Hours is required
- – 6/14 = Final END OF YEAR GRADES sent home
We also have MANY testing dates coming up (they are all listed below, and we will be sending out a separate email just about testing). What you can do to ensure that your child is finishing the year strong:
- – Check in with them on a daily basis by looking at their PLP with them (remember, any red means a project or focus area is overdue)
- – Check in with their mentor if you are worried about their progress (contact info is below)
- – Ensure that they are working for AT LEAST 1 hour every night at home on taking notes and studying for assessments
- – Encourage them to stick with it and do their BEST!
Lastly, if your child is in 9th or 10th grade, they will be taking the MAP English and Math test this week. This exam is used to help place your child in the appropriate reading and math intervention class. We will use the Spring scores to place them in the appropriate intervention class for the NEXT school year. Please ensure that they come to school with a charged Chromebook, gotten a good night’s rest, and encourage them to do their BEST!
Check out our Summit K2 Facebook page for updates and more https://www.facebook.com/
Thank you for being partners in your children’s education and an active member of our K2 Community!