Dear K2 MS Dragon families,
Good Day Families!
We have a week of updates to share and would like to share with you all. It consists of volunteering opportunities, dances, vacations, and College Trips. We also have a new initiative for Academic Interventions, as well as some updates regarding cell phones. So please take your time and please read thoroughly.
Dance- Chaperones Needed!
Valentines Dance is going on this Friday in our Gym. We will need all parents to drop off students by 5pm not sooner so we don’t have a crowd control issue. We also will ask you all to please be at the school as early as 6:45pm to pick up your child. We must have the campus closed no later than 7:15pm.
If available to Chaperone and support the night of, please contact Mr. Cabrera via email- firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacation next week- February 18-22- BIG OPPORTUNITY FOR STUDENTS TO CATCH UP ON THEIR WORK!! Please take the time to have your child log onto their platform and ask if there is anything you can help with. There are MANY students waiting until last minute to complete their work. We don’t want students to get too far behind before it’s too late to complete their work. Below- you will read our Promotion Policy and Summer PLT plan that we’ve shared with your children during class time.
College Trips: March to College!! March 8th, 2019 from 8am-3:15pm
- 7th grade- UC Berkeley (taking BART)
- Limited number of Bagged Lunches
- Have students Bring their own lunch for the day of
- Students will be able to purchase lunch at the college cafeteria- could be expensive
- Students will be taking BART we will be in touch with pass distribution.
- 8th grade- San Francisco State University (Charter Bus)
- Limited number of bagged lunches
- Have students bring their own lunch for the day of
- Students will be able to purchase lunch at the college cafeteria- it could be expensive
- Students will be on a charter bus- Please provide a $25 donation for the Charter Bus rental.
Monetary Donations are crucial for our being able to fund these trips!! If you are interested in Chaperoning for either of these trips, please contact your child Mentor or Mr. Cabrera via email- email@example.com.
Permission Slips will be distributed on Wednesday 2/13/19 – during 3rd block mentor time. The deadline will be on 2/25/19. We would really need these information permission slips signed ASAP. This trip is mandatory for all students to attend and expand their knowledge of college requirements for future planning.
Academic Intervention Meetings– we will be hosting an Intervention Afternoon next week Friday February 22, 2019 from 12-3:30pm. We will only be inviting families who’s students are at risk of not passing their classes. We will have specific times for families to arrive so that teachers can support each question and student need. See below for the plan.
Dean Cabrera & Thorman
MS Deans of Instruction & Culture