Dear K2 HS Dragon families,
Happy Monday and start to the new week! We have 5 more days until Winter break, and hope you all are looking forward to two weeks of cheer and holiday spirit!
We will be off from school from 12/24/18- 1/7/19 and returning to school on JANUARY 8, 2019.
When we return, there are some important deadlines coming up:
- All first Semester projects for HS students are DUE on January 11th. If a student DOES NOT submit their first semester project by 5 pm on Friday, they are NO LONGER eligible to submit them after this date.
- The second progress reports will be mailed out on January 11th!Please look out for your child’s report and discuss their grades with them. A grade of “Incomplete” indicates that your child is not passing, and additional interventions will be needed in order for them to reasonably pass the school year. We will be contacting you if your student has multiple incompletes.
Additionally, we will be making a push for stronger attendance and a reduction in morning tardies. Please ensure that your child is ON TIME to school this week and is in attendance EVERY DAY! There is still a lot of work that students can be completing before our January 11th deadline.
Lastly, recruitment and enrollment season is in FULL SWING! We are looking for volunteers to help.
Parent and Student Ambassador Group:
Recruitment season is here! Applications for next year have already gone live, and we are already receiving many applications for the 2019-2020 school year. Summit K2 is seeking to start a Parent and Student Ambassador Group for those who are interested in helping with recruiting the next generation of K2 Dragons. Joining the group will allow you to help with recruitment in any number of ways that you choose: canvass directly at key schools, host tours for prospective families & students, call prospective families, attend Open Houses and canvass at key community events. K2 needs your help to ensure we are fully enrolled next year!
Please reach out to Shilpa Duvoor at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in being a part of this group.
Thank you for being partners in your children’s education and an active member of our K2 Community!
Shilpa Duvoor, Elysse Verser, and Nayeli Hernandez
High School Office Hours and General After-school PLT
Monday- 3:30-4:20 pm- Office Hours- (English & History)
Tuesday- 3:40-5 pm- General PLT
Wednesday- 3:30-4:20 pm- Office Hours (Math & Science)
Thursday- 3:40-5 pm- General PLT
Mondays – Berkeley Send for C Engineering Club
Mondays & Wednesdays- SAT Prep Club
HELP REDUCE MORNING TARDIES!
Consistent on time attendance is one of the largest factors that contribute to student success. Unfortunately, we are noticing many students arriving late to class at the start of the day. We are seeking to drastically reduce our morning tardies.
Please partner WITH us to ensure that your child is arriving to school ON TIME:
- MS = Drop your student off by 7:55 am, class starts at 8 am SHARP
- HS = Drop your student off by 8:15 am, class starts at 8:20 am SHARP
- Talk with your child about taking the BART or bus so that they can arrive to school EARLY
- Talk with your child about going straight to school, and NOT taking a long time at Safeway in the morning. Many students are arriving late with Starbucks. If this is a pattern, their Starbucks will be confiscated, and parents will be notified.
- Please ensure your child has a notebook, pen/pencil, and a charged Chromebook so that they can be prepared for school!
— Please mark your calendars! —
LAST DAY FOR TOY DRIVE- December 21, 2018- Please bring in slightly used to new toys for our HS Toy Drive! Bins are in the Middle school office.
December 21st = Last Day of School before Winter Break! We will reopen on Tuesday, January 8th.