Dear K2 Friends & Families,
As we head into Spring Break, I am very excited to share some recent news that I received. Summit K2 has been named one of the Top 50 Bay Area Schools for Underserved Students by Innovate Schools! Innovate Public Schools is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to accelerate the growth of world-class public schools, particularly for low-income students and students of color. We qualified for this award based on our exceptional performance on the SBAC test! Innovate will release an official report in April, listing Summit K2 as one of these schools. We are proud of this accomplishment and hope to continue performing well this school year!
Recently, we took all of our students to see Black Panther at the El Rialto Cinemas in El Cerrito. Students previewed the film with their mentor groups, were engaged throughout the movie, and did a character analysis at the end of the day. It was a successful field trip! Thank you to everyone who volunteered their time and supported this trip. We have a lot of exciting upcoming events in April and May!
Please mark your calendars:
- March 29th, 6:30 – 8:30 pm = HS Spring Fling Dance at Summit K2
- March 30th – April 7th = NO SCHOOL: Cesar Chavez Day & Spring Break. Please ensure that your child completes any overdue projects or notes for their Power Focus Areas if they are behind.
- April 11th, 8:30 am = Coffee with the Director. Please meet in the HS front office!
- April 12th =
- 5 – 6:00 pm = LCAP Family Meeting. We encourage all families to come to Summit K2 to give their feedback on Summit’s goals and priorities for the year.
- 6 – 7:30 pm = MS and HS College Night! Please come learn about different college options, financial aid planning, and summer opportunities!
- April 13th, 6:30 – 8:30 pm = MS Spring Fling Dance at Summit K2
- April 14th, 1 – 4 pm = Female Empowerment Conference!
- T.E.A. Academy is hosting a FREE Young Female Empowerment Conference at JFK HS. We encourage all families to consider joining school staff in supporting our young ladies in their growth and self advocacy. We at K2 know it takes a village, we’re looking to you to help us keep building that village for our female leaders. This event does require registration, if you are interested in joining please feel free to email Dean Cabrera, firstname.lastname@example.org!
- May 1st – 4th = SBAC Testing (MS only – more info to come!)
- May 10th – 11th = MS & HS Camping Trip!! Our annual Summit tradition is back this year, and we will be going to Camp Herms, which is only a short 10 minute drive from Summit K2! Many more details to come. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Dean Cabrera at email@example.com. Planning is already underway!
Shilpa Duvoor, Alex Caron, & Christian Cabrera
SCHOOL FOOD POLICY
To prevent disruptions on campus, it is Summit K2’s policy that students CANNOT order food to be delivered to campus. Recently, there have been multiple orders via Uber Eats, as well as Domino’s. Please remind your child that this is NOT permitted, and to please bring their food for the day with them to campus.
If you would like to drop off food for your child, you may do so at the FRONT DESK ONLY. We will be happy to keep it safe, and distribute it to them at brunch or lunch. Please do NOT deliver food in the parking lot or anywhere else on campus.
We have already held our 1st lottery for the 18-19 school year. However, we still have spaces in the 7th and 8th grade.
Please encourage any families who would like to apply to do so online at: http://k2.summitps.org/enroll
If you are interested in connecting with new Summit K2 families, please email Shilpa Duvoor at firstname.lastname@example.org.