Fall is in full swing, and we are so excited to highlight a few milestones!
- College & Career Day – High school students participated in our very 1st College and Career Day! Students participated in multiple panels, where they got to hear from working professionals from a variety of fields (engineers, KRON-4 newscaster, small business owners, etc.) about their real-life work experiences and what it took to get there! All 9th & 10th graders also took the PSAT to get into the habit of practicing for the all important SAT that they will take in their junior and senior year. As we grow the high school, our college going culture is really taking shape!
- After school clubs – Thanks to the hard work of faculty and parent leaders, this year we are proud to launch a variety of after school clubs! Your child has the opportunity to participate in:
- Young Dreamers Network
- Girls Who Code
- Queer Student Alliance (QSA)
- Student Government (similar opportunities to leadership last year)
- Yearbook Club
- Student Government – Congrats to Calvin & Dora — our first ever Student body President & Vice President! We are so proud to have these two fabulous 10th grade students leading our new student government this year. They are poised and ready to do GREAT THINGS! Please congratulate them!
- Sports – Summit K2’s volleyball team is starting off strong! Our high school team played Aspire public schools at Tam, and won! Upcoming games:
- 10/17 at 5 pm – 8th grade Volleyball @Piedmont Middle School
- 10/19 at 4 pm – 7th and 8th grade Volleyball @St. David
- 10/21 at 9 am – 8th grade Volleyball Tournament @Piedmont MS
Multicultural Fall Family Potluck
Saturday, October 21st
12 – 2:30 pm
Come meet other parents and build community!
A flyer was sent home with every student today about the event — please ask them!
We are asking for food donations:
7th = beverages & paper goods
8th = appetizers
9th = entrees
10th = dessert
Please RSVP here!
We hope to see you there!
Parent Organization Meeting & Parent Education Night
Thursday, October 19th 6 – 8 pm
Parent Org Agenda (6-7 pm):
How to be a “Mentor Parent”
Recruitment & Enrollment
Help with upcoming events (Halloween Festival & Spirit Dance)
Parent Ed Night Agenda:
What are Focus Areas?
How can I help my child stay “on track” with their Power Focus Areas?
1st PROGRESS REPORTS ARE ALMOST HERE!!!
The first progress report cards will be sent home via mail on
Friday, October 20!
We ask parents to partner with us by:
Reviewing the progress report card with your child
If your child is “off track” in more than one class, ensuring that they are going to Office Hours
Ensuring that your child is doing AT LEAST 1 hour of work everyday at home
Students who are “off track” in multiple classes, will be getting a phone call home from their mentor.